The Nub Travelers would like to thank the generous contributions of our sponsors.
Your vicarious participation in this noble endeavor was pivotal in turning this from a crazy, half-brained dream to a crazy, half-brained reality. We are sincerely grateful.
- Eli has agreed to fund all tolls on the trip. The Nub Travelers promise not to give extravagant tips to toll booth operators. Unless we really like them.
- Mark will be sponsoring a fine bottle of champagne and an equally fine bottle of air freshener.
- JoanneJoanne (Berty’s wife) will be providing the Nub Travelers with delicious cookies for their journey.
- Sandy (Sarah’s mother) will be providing the Nub Travelers with a meal, both upon arrival to and departure from the great state of Minnesota.
- Grandma Waz (Sarah’s grandmother) will be providing the Nub Travelers with baked treats.
- Pete has given a contribution in exchange for a photo taken of a road sign for Elkhart, Indiana, The City with a Heart.
- Tia has given a generous contribution in exchange for a photo of the Nub Travelers taken outside of the First Avenue club in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where Prince’s Purple Rain was filmed in 1983.
- Sandy (not Sarah’s mother) has given a generous contribution in exchange for postcards to be mailed to his grandchildren from locations along the route.
- Cheri has given a contribution in exchange for a photo of the Nub Travelers taken at the O'Hare Oasis rest area. Inexplicably, the Nub Travelers are to don feather boas provided by Cheri.
- Doug has given a generous contribution in exchange for a photo of the Nub Travelers taken with a former colleague, Annie. No props will be required.
- Todd has given a contribution on the condition that Berty refrain from uttering profanities for the duration of the trip. Berty will return one dollar for each profanity uttered, up to and over the original contribution amount. Todd has the distinction of being the only sponsor who may generate revenue from the trip to The Nub.
- Lisa will be providing five Lady Speed Sticks and a contribution in exchange for a photo of the Nub Travelers with the aforementioned deodorant.
- Angie has given a contribution to purchase a round of cheap drinks in exchange for a tacky gift.
- Shirley has given a contribution in exchange for a photo of the Nub Travelers "doing something crazy."
- Jay has given a contribution towards the purchase of ice, in exchange for a picture of the Nub Travelers with either the ice, or a cold beer, or a thermometer. It’s not exactly clear.
- Bill has given a contribution in exchange for the capture of a mosquito - dead or alive.
- Milt has given a contribution with absolutely no strings attached.
- John of Oklahoma has given a contribution. All he wants is the Nub Travelers to have fun.
- Amy has given a generous contribution of Homestarrunner apparel and The Cheat in exchange for a group photo of the Nub Travelers in the apparel.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. In addition to other price-negotiable options, all sponsors will receive a postcard mailed from The Nub itself, the northernmost U.S. Post office in the contiguous United States.
To sponsor photos, stunts or wacky hijinks*, please contact info@ToTheNub.com.
(*Note: at this time we are unable to accept sponsorships for a single, wacky hijink, because we are unsure if that is actually a word.)